RapidScreen Temperature Screening Kiosk
The latest innovation in Automated AI Thermal Temperature Scanner Technology is your businesses’ fastest and cost-effective way to protect your customers and employees.
- Hygienic, fully automated all-in-one temperature kiosk with a touchless thermometer
- Thermal Scanner reads the temperature in less than 2 seconds from up to 3 feet away
- Maintain a safe environment with our Temperature Kiosk by reducing risk and limiting access
- Reduces stress and anxiety for consumers and employees
- Includes one-year warranty
- The fastest and most accurate Thermal Temperature Scanner system on the market
- Product Description
- Technical Specifications
- Shipping, Lead Times, Payments
- Specs & Features
- Power Rerequirements
- Warranty & Support
- Company & Manufacturing
RapidScreen is designed to install a sense of trust and safety in people across industries as we resume everyday activities, and public gatherings post COVID-19. As we continue to find innovative ways to do our part in flattening the curve, Computime non-contact infrared RapidScreen will allow individuals back in stores, schools, and works, in a cost effective, efficient, and safe way.
Developed with the finest Belgium technology in infrared thermopile arrays known as the Melexis sensor, RapidScreen is 100% contactless and frictionless, providing you with the most accurate method to safely read temperatures. Within a matter of seconds, RapidScreen is able to read body temperatures, and alert users if they have a fever.
|RAM/ Internal Memory||2GB/ EMMC 8G|
|Operation System||Android 7.1.2|
|Panel Size||8” LCD IPS Panel|
|Resolution/ Aspect Ratio||800 x 1280 High Definition / 16:10|
|Contrast Radio / Brightness||1000:1 / 140cd/M|
|Cellular||Unlocked SIM Card Reader|
|USB||1 USB OTG 1 USB HOST STANDARD A PORT|
|Wired Connection||RJ45 Ethernet port, Wiegand 26/36 input/output, Relay Control, UBOOT, RS0.0 Serial Port|
|Card Reader||MiFare NFC / HID proximity card reader|
|Infrared Thermal Image Detection||Melexis MLX92621|
|Measurement Distance||Up to 3 feet|
|Temperature Accuracy||≤ ± 0.5°C factory / ≤ ± 0.3°C typical result with manual calibration|
|Temperature Range Detection||28°C / 82.4 F to 43°C / 109.4 F|
|Features||Facial Recognition, Mask Detection, 1:1 Face Comparison|
|Camera Resolution/ Aperture||2 million Pixels/ F2 4|
|Abnormal Temperature Alarm||Temperature alarm value can be custom configured|
|Overall Power Consumption||Below 13.5 W|
|Power Requirements||Input 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 1.5 A Output 12V- 5A|
Shipping, Lead Times, Payments
What is the lead time?
Due to high demand, as well as your quantity level, the current lead time ranges between 1 to 5 weeks. There may be cases in which we could have them available in stock, please contact your sales representative for more information.
Can I use my own freight company or FedEx/UPS account?
Yes, however, you will need to provide the full details in advance.
Where is the product being shipped from? Is local delivery available in California?
Our main central warehouse is located in Chicago, Illinois. Currently, we do not have local pickup available.
What does it take to purchase a RapidScreen?
We require a 50% deposit to secure and reserve your RapidScreen. Please contact our sales team to review our full terms and conditions.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept the following forms of payment; Credit Cards, Debit Card, Check, Cashier’s Check, Bank Wire, and ACH.
Do you offer any discounts for University/Government/Nonprofit?
Yes, please contact our sales team for more details.
Do you offer discounts for quantity orders?
Yes, please contact our sales team for more details.
Specs & Features
1. How does it work?
The RapidScreen Thermometer uses an advanced thermal image sensor with 3D optical cameras to detect users as they approach the kiosk. After 1 to 2 seconds, the kiosk reads out the user’s real time body temperature, alerting those with a fever.
2. Why is RapidScreen considered best in class as a temperature kiosk?
There are a number of points that put the RapidScreen thermometer as one of the leaders in the industry, here are a few of those:
- – Unique and premium polished design
- – Highest temperature accuracy at 0.54 Fahrenheit variance
- – Recognize up to 60,000 faces based on the 16GB on board storage
- – All stands made in the US
- – IP 54 Rating
- – Intuitive backend user interface allows for quick changes to settings
- – The most natural voice prompts
- – Ability to customize features for large orders
- – Large network of national service providers to assist with integrations
- – Remote management and monitoring (available second half 2020)
3. Does RapidScreen need a separate computer/laptop system to adjust the backend settings?
Many devices on the market that are Linux based will require another device like a laptop or PC to adjust even the most basic settings. Since RapidScreen is Android based, the settings can be adjusted directly from the device within a matter of seconds. It also allows remote access (additional service) and remote monitoring (available second half 2020) to adjust settings with additional dashboard software.
4. What is included in the box with the RapidScreen Temperature Screening Kiosk?
- – RapidScreen Temperature System
- – Base cables (USB, RJ45, Relay, Wiegand, GPIO (2 channel)
- – Miniature mouse w/ retractable cable
- – Wall mount (with horizontal tilt)
- – Getting started card
- – Floor placement tape
5. What makes this temperature reading tablet better than its competitors?
Everything on this device has been custom built for the specific use case of taking guest temperatures quickly and efficiently all while remaining contactless. Although the system uses an Android OS, it’s not your typical tablet. There is no touchscreen on the device to keep the system contactless. The device is spec’d with the latest 3D camera sensor to help determine a guest’s distance from the screen, as well as both IR blasters and LED light illuminators to highlight the subject and provide a visible pass/fail indication.
6. How long does it take to detect a person’s temperature?
Temperatures are detected on average between 1 and 2 seconds from the moment the person steps in front of the device.
7. At what distance will it detect someone’s temperature?
Temperature can be read from approximately 2 to 3 feet from the kiosk.
8. Does RapidScreen detect body temperature or skin temperature?
RapidScreen reads the skin temperature of the region of an individual’s forehead which has a direct correlation to the temporal artery. The temporal artery’s frontal branch contains blood vessels that run across the forehead just below the skin and when the body’s core temperature increases, the forehead surface temperature increases.
9. Can the temperature threshold be adjusted?
The threshold is set to alert users that they likely have a temperature exceeding 37.7°C/99.9°F, which is slightly under the recommended reading by CDC indicating a fever. The user can adjust the specific parameters of the temperature the alert is triggered.
10. Can the alert volume be configured?
Yes, however only by an admin that has either direct or remote access to the kiosk can modify the volume controls.
11. Can it recognize a registered employee with a mask?
Yes, as long as the mask does not obscure the entire face.
12. What is the accuracy of the sensor?
RapidScreen is one of the most accurate sensors on the market with a tolerance of +/- 0.3 Celsius or +/- 0.54 Fahrenheit. This exceeds the FDA specifications of ± 0.9 °F required for thermographic devices.
13. What kind of thermal sensor is embedded and where is this produced?
SpinTouch uses the world’s leading sensor technology from Germany and Japan to provide the latest in infrared thermopile array tech. All sensors have tested to either meet or exceed our accuracy tolerance and rigorous QA and benchmark testing. The accuracy of 0.3 degrees Celsius (+/- 0.54 degrees Fahrenheit) is provided by our component manufacturer.
14. Can you speak on the quality assurance testing of the product before it leaves the factory?
Each unit is turned on and manually QA tested 50 times based on the temperature alert thresholds prior to being packaged. If it fails any time, it will be pulled from the inventory and will not be shipped out. The quality and performance of the product is very important to us in order to assure our clients have the smoothest and most reliable experience with our product.
15. What is the current failure rate of RapidScreen?
Our current failure rate based on the current shipments is less than 0.4%, which is well below industry average. We attribute this due to RapidScreen being completely solid state and having no moving parts. With our Gen2 model we expect to have the failure rate to be the same if not better.
16. How many people can it detect at one time?
One person at a time. The system’s AI facial detection software is designed to look for the closest person within its sensor range.
17. Is the unit able to detect people at different heights?
Yes, the mount on the unit will allow for adjustment of the tilt angle but the sensor and the tablet will always need to remain flush. Based on the angle set, most average heights should be able to be scanned. We offer multiple mounting options providing flexibility for a variety of locations as well as height options: Wall mount, countertop stand, adult, and child pedestal floor stand. For ADA compliance we would suggest a lower stand option or tilting the device to the middle section.
18. What are the floor stand height options?
ADULT STAND PACKING
39cm x 37cm x 116cm- 10.8 GW (KG) | 7.6 NW (KG)
CHILD STAND PACKING
39cm x 37cm x 59cm- 5.6 GW (KG) 3.2 NW (KG)
COUNTER STAND PACKING
39cm x 37cm x 116cm- 7.7 GW (KG) 4.9 NW (KG)
19. Can the system detect animals or take the temperature of objects?
No, the advanced AI facial detection only detects human faces.
20. How noisy is the system when it is on?
Unlike many other systems, RapidScreen does not require any onboard fans and therefore runs silently. Other devices on the market have a subtle fan noise, very similar to a gaming desktop/laptop.
21. Can the device display the company name or the room name on the main screen?
Yes, there is an option in the settings that will allow the admin to set up either a company name or room name per device, that will show up at the top of the main screen.
22. Will the unit overheat?
The unit has been designed with heat dissipation to combat overheating due to long term use. Similar to most electronics, we do not suggest placing the system in either direct sunlight or extremely hot locations in order to avoid any direct sunlight hitting the sensor.
23. Does it notify anyone if the temperature is too high?
If the device detects an individual has a temperature over the set threshold, an alert notification will sound until it no longer detects that temperature. Our Generation 2 of the system and beyond allows you to configure the system to automatically send an email notification to a pre-set list, indicating someone with a temperature beyond the configured value has been screened.
24. What happens when COVID is eradicated or there is a vaccine, will this device become obsolete?
Many companies are planning to use RapidScreen for detecting fevers during flu seasons. The spread of viruses throughout the workforce can have a major impact on labor forces, production times, as well as the safety of staff and customers. This device will help you save time, money and possible delays that may be caused from a virus outbreak within your office.
25. Can RapidScreen detect and read QR codes?
Yes, our Gen2 version of RapidScreen will have the ability to read specific QR codes. This is especially helpful when syncing the device to other platforms to guest/employee surveys. Additional software subscription may be required.
26. Do your stands come with LED lights?
No, we found that people overwhelmingly preferred LED lights on the device itself and that they found LED lights on the stand to be confusing.
27. How stable are the stands?
Our stands come with a large square platform at the base for stability, they are heavy-duty weighing in at 40 pounds, and they even have pre-drilled floor mounting holes in the base plate in case you want to completely secure it.
28. How do I secure against theft of the kiosk?
You can use screws/bolts to mount the stand to the floor so that it cannot be moved. You can also swap out the screws that hold the kiosk to the top of the stand with security-focused hex bolts.
29. Will RapidScreen work outdoors?
Yes, however, no direct sunlight should be allowed to shine on the device or the face of the person being screened. We recommend indoor use and a well-shaded area for best performance. Also, it is recommended the device is not left outside for an extended period of time as the device is not designed for all outdoor environmental conditions.
30. Does the device allow for a questionnaire or survey to be conducted?
We want to ensure this device is specifically used for its core purpose and not causing a bottleneck in the process of scanning guests/employees. There are applications that the device can be coupled with that will allow surveys, such as the list of questions and reporting that the CDC recommends for employees to take prior to heading to their place of work. These applications are Apple, Android and website compatible, as well as offer QR code and other authentication methods, which can be integrated with RapidScreen for a full Covid-19 verification checkpoint. Please contact us for more details.
1. What are the power requirements of the device?
RapidScreen uses less than 18W of power.
2. Could Power over Ethernet work on this device.
We have not done direct testing however based on the device power consumption of 18W, PoE+ should be enough to power the system.
3. Does this have any onboard battery pack to allow it to stay on during a power outage?
This device does not have any battery included and therefore will go down if the power goes out. However, if it’s critical to stay up during a loss of power, you can get a UPS battery backup system (typically less than $100) to keep the system running for a few hours during such an event. The device runs on less than 18W of power and uses a standard wall AC adapter.
4. Does RapidScreen have an internal battery so that it can run completely untethered from the wall?
This device does not have any battery included and will require constant power to stay on. However, you can purchase an external battery pack that can allow the device to stay on without being plugged into an outlet. Please note the external battery back will need to be able to handle 18W of power and support a standard two prong plug.
5. Are the power components safe?
Yes, all of the power components are UL certified with industry standards.
1. What operating system (OS) does it run on?
Generation 1 models will include Android version 5.1. Generation 2 models will support Android version 8.1. Gen2 will start shipping the 3rd Quarter of 2020.
2. What is the benefit of an Android system compared to a Linux OS?
There are a number of benefits, one of which is the intuitive nature of the backend platform. Since RapidScreen is Android-based, you can quickly access the backend settings within seconds directly on the device, with the included mini mouse. With most Linux based thermometer devices, even the simple act of changing the volume or updating the time/date will require you to SSH into the unit with a PC which can be a lengthy process if you are not familiar with Linux based systems
3. Can the software automatically send out an alert via text or email on high-temperature readings?
Yes, notification settings will also allow you to configure the system to automatically send an email or text notification to a pre-set list, indicating someone with a temperature beyond the configured value has been screened.
4. Is there an option to store the data of people checked?
Yes, the system will automatically generate a csv log of all activity during the day, without saving any personal identifying data. The admin does have the option to enable the system to save images and the ability to set up facial recognition with consenting employees. This data is kept for up to 7 days and it will flush out its memory after that period.
5. What are the requirements for sending out alerts or storage of data of people checked?
For these features to function you will need to install software packages we provide on a Windows PC that is on the same network as the RapidScreen device. Additionally, they will need to be on the same subnet (not separate VLAN) – so either both wired ethernet or both on the same Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi and wired can be mixed but they MUST be on the same subnet.
6. How many records can be stored offline with the included storage?
Depending on image quality the records can vary. RapidScreen Gen1 model includes 8GB of storage which translates to approximately 30,000 records. RapidScreen Gen2 model includes 16GB of storage which translates to approximately 60,000 records. Gen2 will start shipping the 3rd quarter of 2020.
7. How many records can be stored offline with the included 8GB of storage?
Depending on image quality the records can vary, however, approximately 30,000 records can be stored.
8. Is the software/app or data cloud-based? Is it locally stored or saved?
The main software resides locally on the device. The data out of the box will be stored directly on the device. The system can be configured to store the data on the cloud or other servers if desired by the client. Please contact us for more information.
9. When cloud storage becomes available, how will it be priced?
The cloud platform is still in process and pricing is not currently available. Expect updates by 3rd quarter 2020.
10. Does RapidScreen require internet access?
The device includes options for Wi-Fi, LAN, and Bluetooth; however, this unit can work as a standalone for temperature screening and mask detection without any connection requirement. It will only require a certain connection depending on the features you would want to use such as email notifications or remote access.
11. Does the device support touch screen functionality?
No, the device is designed to be completely contactless and therefore is designed to operate completely without any touch interphase. The backend can be configured either by attaching a mouse and keyboard to the USB slots or connecting via remote access.
12. Does RapidScreen have the capability to ask questions or take surveys?
No, the UX is designed to keep guests moving quickly and efficiently through the system to avoid any bottlenecks. software add-ons will allow mobile app integrations for surveys to be synced with the device data using QR scanning. Contact us if you need more information about this feature.
13. How does the facial recognition setup work?
There are two methods to set up facial recognition. Direct method is to scan individual guests/employees one by one as they approach the device for the first time, registering them with a name (using a keyboard). Another option is to batch upload images to the system either directly or remotely with the online dashboard, this feature will be available 3rd quarter 2020.
14. Will face recognition work if the person is wearing a mask?
Yes, whether they are wearing a mask or not, the systems AI face recognition software can determine the specific individual.
15. Will spinTouch or any third party have access to my data that the device manages?
No, we will not have any access to the device or its data. The data is stored in its included hard drive. There is an optional remote management software that can be purchased, and the administrator can then provide access to others they wish to manage the device using an encrypted login.
16. Is the device stand-alone or does it need to connect to Wi-Fi or a network? What are the advantages of connecting to a network, internet or cloud-based services?
Yes, RapidScreen can be ready for use just by plugging into a power source. Connection to a network is required for remote monitoring and data collection. In addition, you can integrate the kiosk with other devices such as doors, gates, security systems, and printers.
17. Does RapidScreen identify the person or other data?
The current version can save facial recognition functionality of an employee’s face and log each temperature scan of that person into a file if these settings are enabled. The log of scans will be stored on the device and can be retrieved either locally but the device will flush this information every 7 days. By 3rd quarter of 2020 we are expecting an online admin portal which will allow you to manage the data recorded by the device, additional costs may apply.
18. Is there any kind of API or SDK available?
RapidScreen will have a full API available by 2nd half of 2020 for the ability to integrate with other platforms and devices.
19. Can RapidScreen be integrated with an existing timeclock, payroll or time tracking platform?
Yes, however this will require that platform to allow for third party devices to be integrated.
20. With the text/email alert, will the message contain the picture and/or name of the person? What other information will be on the message?
Yes, the message will have both the name and picture of the person that triggered the alert. Other information can include whether or not they are wearing a mask or if they are a stranger that is not recognized (if you have that option turned on).
21. Can we download and install Android supported applications on the device?
No, the device’s OS is tailored to serve with only the included applications and thermometer app. This ensures a more stable unit as well as avoids any security vulnerabilities. In the future we may have support for third party applications.
22. Can RapidScreen be integrated with door access or other devices?
Yes, there is three ways for this:
Warranty & Support
1. What is the warranty?
Our warranty includes 1 year from the date of purchase. Extended warranty options are available, please contact your sales representative for more information.
2. Does spinTouch offer onsite technical assistance or support?
Typically, most issues can be handled over the phone or by email. If it’s determined there is a hardware issue, we will authorize a warranty replacement, provided the device is still within the warranty window.
3. Is there any additional service for onsite installation or training?
We do have options to purchase onsite installation and training. Please contact your sales representative for additional information.
Company & Manufacturing
Where are the counter/desktop pedestal stands manufactured?
All of our stands are manufactured in Chicago, Illinois and Austin, Texas.